We are glad to announce the 3. Ikebana exhibition in the FHI Library.
February 3 – 7, 2020,
open daily (Mo-Fr), 10 am – 5 pm
2nd February 2020
12 pm – 2 pm
Exhibition Management: Uta Siebeky
How to Get the PDF?
How to Find E-Books?
How to Find the Appropriate Database?
How to Create an Alert?
Find out more in our introductory course to the library’s electronic information resources.
Friday, January 31, 2020 – 10am
The lesson will be held in the FHI library. Please register and
inform us about your focus of interest. In addition, individual
appointments are possible.
From now on the New York Times is available online for us:
These new books have just arrived in the library:
|Micha, David A.||Molecular interactions||2020||24 B 59|
|Malyshev, Oleg B.||Vacuum in particle accelerators||2019||6 M 52|
|Jacobsen, Chris||X-ray microscopy||2019||6 M 51|
|Heilbron, J. L. … ||Niels Bohr||2020||70 K 149 |
You find the books in the library’s new acquisition section.
The Project DEAL has established a nationwide open access agreement with Springer Nature which allows authors to publish open access in nearly all Springer hybrid journals. The agreement also covers read access to all Springer journals.
The conditions are the following:
- The acceptance date of the article must be after January 1, 2020.
- The article has been accepted by an Open Choice eligible journal that offers a CC-BY license.
- A Max Planck author must be the submitting and corresponding author of the article.
- The author is affiliated with a Max Planck Institute and publishes under this affiliation.
- The article matches one of these types: Original Paper, Review Paper, Brief Communication, Editorial Notes, Book Reviews, Letters, Reports.
Open access publishing in SpringerOpen or BioMedCentral journals is still processed and centrally paid by the Max Planck Society.
The open access component within the Project DEAL for Nature fully open access journals (e.g. Nature Communications, Scientific Reports and npj Computational Materials) will start later this year. As of 1 August 2020 the costs will be directly and fully funded via DEAL. Until then the library meets the publication charges in these gold open access journals.