The Max Planck Society has established a new open access agreement with the American Chemical Society which covers open access publishing of all accepted articles by submitting corresponding Max Planck authors in ACS journals that offer a Creative Commons Attribution license (CC-BY); under the agreement, the article processing charges will be paid centrally by the MPS.
The agreement also covers read access to the ACS “All Publications” Package and Chemical & Engineering News (C&EN).
To publish open access without having to pay Article Publication Charges (APCs), the following criteria must be met:
- The acceptance date of the article must be after Jan 1, 2019.
- The author must publish under the Max Planck affiliation which must also be stated in the published article.
- The author must be the submitting and corresponding author of the article.
- Authors must actually submit the article from their Max Planck e-mail address and be the one to communicate with ACS during the production process.
Please be advised that ACS uses the Copyright Clearance Center (CCC) for their workflow. If you don’t have an account, the library can order OA for your article.
From now on we have access to the following new SpringerNature journals:
The scientific council members and the President of the Max Planck Society have decided to discontinue their Elsevier subscription when the current agreement expires on December 31, 2018. With this move the Society affirmed its support of the national licensing framework Projekt DEAL.
From 2019 there will be no more access to current full texts of Elsevier journals. Articles with publication date 2018 and earlier will still be available.
To order articles, please use the MPG/SFX Citation Linker or the MPG SFX button, which is displayed on the Elsevier page for unlicensed articles or in Web of Science. You are also welcome to contact us directly if you have any questions or requests.
Now the Max Planck Society pays the article processing charges centrally for the following gold open access journals by the Royal Society:
Conditions for open access publishing:
- A Max Planck author must be the corresponding author of the article.
- The author is affiliated with a Max Planck Institute and publishes under this affiliation.
- Acceptance date after July 1, 2018.
Royal Society Open Science
It is a gold open access journal by the Royal Society. The journal covers the entire range of science, engineering and mathematics. It offers open peer-review as an option and articles embody open data principles.
It is an online journal that welcomes original, high impact research in cell and developmental biology, molecular and structural biology, biochemistry, neuroscience, immunology, microbiology and genetics.
Ein Themenheft der Physikalischen Blätter aus dem Jahr 1948 widmet sich dem Lebenswerk von Max Planck: