Now the ACS fully open access journals are part of the agreement between the Max Planck Society and the American Chemical Society. The article processing charges will be paid centrally by the MPS.
ACS Open Access Journals:
The journals will be added to the OA Gold List (list of journals with central APC payment) shortly.
FHI Library Online Workshop: Information Resources & Open Access
This interactive online workshop will introduce available options for making your research outputs open access. Discover which publishing fees are paid centrally or by the FHI library and get practical tips on how to adopt open access practices in your research area. Furthermore, you will get an overview of useful search tools.
Tuesday, February 23, 2021 – 2pm
The workshop lasts about 45 minutes. Please register and inform us (firstname.lastname@example.org) about your focus of interest.
More details on how to join the workshop will be
announced by e-mail.
The agreement between the Max Planck Society and the Institute of Physics Publishing (IOP) has been extended. In addition to the existing possibilities for Open Access publishing with IOP, Max Planck authors have the option of publishing their articles in OA in the following titles from 2021:
- EPL (Europhysics Letters)
- Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics
- Journal of Instrumentation
- Journal of Statistical Mechanics: Theory and Experiment
- Nuclear Fusion
Check the OA Gold list for more journals with central APC payment.
Die Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG) stellt auf einer neuen Webseite zum Thema „Open Access“ ausführlich ihre Maßnahmen zur Unterstützung der Open-Access-Transformation vor. Unter anderem werden das nationale und internationale Engagement der DFG für Open Access sowie ihre Open-Access-Policy erläutert.
The Max Planck Society has established a new agreement with the Royal Society which allows authors to publish open access in all Royal Society journals under a Creative Commons license (CC-BY); under the agreement, the article processing charges will be paid centrally by the MPS.
It also covers read access to all journals published by the Royal Society.
To publish open access without having to pay Article Publication Charges (APCs), the following criteria must be met:
- The article is submitted between Jan 1, 2021 and Dec 31, 2023.
- A Max Planck author must be the corresponding author of the article.
- The author is affiliated with a Max Planck Institute and publishes under this affiliation – the Max Planck Institute must be stated in the article. A Max Planck email address should be used (if possible).
- All article types are eligible except letters to the editor, corrections, retractions.