We now have access to MethodsNow and PatentPak via SciFinder.
MethodsNow Synthesis allows you to search the reaction of your interest in SciFinder. You have access to more than 18 Mio step by step protocols of synthetic methods.
Methods Now Analysis is the CAS online compendium of more than 400.000 analytical methods hand curated from analytic focus publications and the supplement.
At https://www.methodsnow.com/ you enter MethodsNow Analysis using your regular SciFinder Login ID and Password.
SciFinder covers patents from 63 authorities. For PatentPak we connect the SciFinder indexed record directly with the patent PDF for the top 33 patent authorities.
Zotero now uses data from unpaywall to automatically download open-access versions of articles added to the zotero library. More at the zotero blog.
Some new features in EndNote X9:
- Sharing your complete library with read-only or read-write access rights within EndNote desktop
- Sharing custom groups with other EndNote users
- You can create a Web of Science citation report for a group of references from your EndNote library
- New reference types
Video on what’s new in EndNote X9:
If you just need to create a quick bibliography, ZoteroBib can be helpful for you. It is a free service to help you quickly generate bibliographies in more than 9,000 citation styles. “There’s no software to install or account to create, and it works on any device, including tablets and phones. Your bibliography is stored right on your device.”
More at: https://www.zotero.org/blog/introducing-zoterobib/
Some new features has been added to the Web of Science (WoS) in the March release:
- New Visualizations: Get visual and tabular results via Analyze Results
- WoS Core Collection links to associated data that have been indexed in the Data Citation Index
- New sorting options for Cited Reference Searching
- Now Full Record page includes the first 30 Cited References
Find out more in this video: