Starting on July 7th 2021, all Web of Science users will be automatically taken to the new Web of Science platform. This visual and functional update aims to improve existing workflows and enhance the user experience.
Some of the newly added features include:
- New and refined search options
- Publisher, subject category, affiliation
- Enriched Cited Referencesbeta
- How many times is a reference cited? Where in the article is it cited? What citations are related?
- Find samples here (more will be added later)
- Improved shareability
- Static search and record URL’s
- New Quickfilters for refining your search
- Review articles, early access
- Advanced Query builder
- Combine or transform your simple searches into the proper syntax for an advanced search.
- Article recommendations based on user behaviour
- Mobile app
For a summary of the new features, you can watch this video:
or take a look at the New Web of Science release notes.
If you prefer to use the legacy version, you can select the “Classic” Web of Science in the “Products” section of the website.