This exciting new feature has been added to the Web of Science (WoS) – available via the preview of the new Web of Science – in the February release:
- Visualize the citation performance of an author’s entire publication list
- Publications performances are compared to similar records and put into percentiles (a 90% + score means the paper is among the 10% most cited in the field)
- Adding more context than single-point metrics e.g. performance change over time
Look at authors Impact Beamplots by accessing their Author Record via the Author Search, or click any author name in a Core Collection document.
will find a complete timeline of the Authors works (1980- ) under the
“Author Impact Beamplot” tab. Hover over the elements of the
beamplot to see article, citation, and percentile information and
click through to see the full record.
more information on Author Impact Beamplots check out this video:
- Author field search suggestions – get author names suggestions based on your input
- Publisher added as a search field
- Categories field search suggestions – get categories suggestions based on your input
Now the ACS fully open access journals are part of the agreement between the Max Planck Society and the American Chemical Society. The article processing charges will be paid centrally by the MPS.
ACS Open Access Journals:
The journals will be added to the OA Gold List (list of journals with central APC payment) shortly.
The agreement between the Max Planck Society and the Institute of Physics Publishing (IOP) has been extended. In addition to the existing possibilities for Open Access publishing with IOP, Max Planck authors have the option of publishing their articles in OA in the following titles from 2021:
- EPL (Europhysics Letters)
- Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics
- Journal of Instrumentation
- Journal of Statistical Mechanics: Theory and Experiment
- Nuclear Fusion
Check the OA Gold list for more journals with central APC payment.
Safari Tech Books Online are now available at oreilly.com. The new platform includes video material and other formats in addition to books.
The Safari platform is to be switched off already on December 31 – without redirection.
The new platform is available at https://www.oreilly.com/library/view/temporary-access/
Das Einstein Lecture Dahlem Special zum Thema “Wissenschaftskommunikation zu Zeiten von Einstein und heute“ wurde im Herbst 2020 in der Bibliothek des Fritz-Haber-Institutes aufgezeichnet. Die Meeresbiologin Antje Boetius, der Wissenschaftshistoriker Jürgen Renn und der Präsident der Freien Universität, Günter Ziegler, tauschen sich nicht nur über Albert Einstein sondern auch über Fritz Haber aus.