This new title is available in the library now:
Physics of energy sources by George C. King (60 H 57).
You can find it in the library’s new acquisition section.
More new books:
|Sun, Yugang [Ed.]
||Nanomaterials for photocatalytic chemistry
||29 I 25
|Schmal, Martin [Auth.]
||Heterogeneous catalysis and its industrial applications
||27 F 34
|Fernandez-Alonso, Felix [Ed.]…
||6 A 19-Vol. 49
||Advances in imaging and electron physics – Vol. 200
||16 D 1-Vol. 200
Numerous universities offer open online courses. Here are two platforms with a wide range of courses:
- Founded by Harvard University and MIT, edX is an online learning platform, offering high-quality courses from around 90 universities and institutions.
- Coursera is an online education platform which partners with world-leading universities to offer free online courses.
Some new features were added to the Web of Science (WoS) in the June release:
- Citation Report feature has been redesigned with interactive visualizations
- Daily updates
- Navigation and search menu has been improved
- Filtering for Highly Cited Papers and Hot Papers is possible now
Find out more in this video:
Find out more in our introductory courses to the library’s electronic information resources starting next week.
Dates in July
Tuesday, July 11, 2017, 2 pm
Friday, July 28, 2017, 10 am
The lessons will be held in the FHI library. Please make an appointment for one of the dates and inform us about your focus of interest. In addition, individual appointments are possible.
A new series of SciFinder Online Workshops will start next week:
Mon, July 10 – Text Searching
Wed, July 12 – Structure & Reaction Searching
Thu, July 13 – Biosearching
Fri, July 14 – Polymer Searching & Materials
All workshops begin at 10:00 am and last 60 minutes.
Attendance is free of charge for staff and guests of the Max Planck Society, but online registration is required.
The online workshops are offered by the Scientific Information Retrieval Services for the Biology & Medicine Section of the Max Planck Society.
Find more details on schedule, technical requirements and registration at https://attendee.gototraining.com/466wd/catalog/1895140565066374400