The Max Planck Society has established a new open access agreement with American Institute of Physics Publishing (AIPP), which covers open access publishing of all accepted articles by submitting corresponding Max Planck authors in AIP-owned subscription journals (more titles to follow in 2021) under a Creative Commons Attribution license (CC-BY); under the agreement, the relative article processing charges will be paid for centrally by the Max Planck Society.
The agreement also covers read access to all journals available via AIPP.
To publish open access without having to pay Article Publication Charges (APCs), the following criteria must be met:
- The acceptance date of the article must be between Jan. 1, 2020 and Dec. 31, 2022.
- The article is a peer-reviewed primary research article or review article.
- The author must publish under the Max Planck affiliation, which must also be stated in the published article.
- The author must be the submitting and corresponding author of the article. Please note that in order to be eligible it is not sufficient to be corresponding author in name only.
- The author identifies himself/herself by selecting his/her Max Planck Institute during submission.
- The submitting corresponding author executes a CC BY license.
Now the Nature fully open access journals are part of Project DEAL. The costs for Nature Communications, Scientific Reports, npj Computational Materials and others will be directly and fully funded via DEAL as of 1 August 2020.
The Project DEAL, a nationwide open access agreement, with Springer Nature started in January 2020. It allows authors to publish open access in nearly all Springer hybrid journals and it also covers read access to all Springer journals.
Am 23. Juli startet eine neue Webinar-Reihe zum Thema Open Access. Die
monatlich erscheinenden Reihe Open Access Talk wird von der Technischen Informationsbibliothek veranstaltet. Der erste Online-Beitrag wird eine allgemeine Einführung zum Thema Open Access geben.
Wo und wie offen publizieren? Eine Einführung in Open Access
Donnerstag, 23. Juli 2020
ab 13:50 ist der Webinarraum geöffnet
Mehr dazu auf open-access.net.
Electrochemical Science Advances is now accepting submissions. The new open-access journal published by Wiley-VCH covers the entire breadth of electrochemical sciences, including bioelectrochemistry, electrosynthesis, electroanalytical science, energy conversion/storage, materials science/coatings, engineering and all areas in between.
All article processing charges will be waived until November 2020.
Oxford University Press has announced the first two titles in their new open access journal series: Oxford Open Immunology and Oxford Open Materials Science.
Oxford Open Materials Science is now accepting submissions for articles across the full spectrum of materials sciences and materials engineering.