The Royal Society of Chemistry has launched another new Open Access journal:
Energy Advances will have a broad subject coverage for every energy discipline. It welcomes research that reports solutions to energy and sustainability challenges and supports the advancement of several UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
The journal is open for submissions and will be free to publish in until mid-2024.
The Royal Society of Chemistry has launched two new Open Access journals:
- Environmental Science: Advances – It spans not only chemistry, but also research from any discipline related to the environmental sciences.
- Digital Discovery – It publishes research at the intersection of chemistry, materials science and biotechnology.
Both has opened for submissions this month and will be free to publish in until mid-2024.
Publishing your chemical sciences research with theRoyal Society of Chemistry
Dr Jeremy Allen (Deputy Editor of Chemical Sciences)
Claudia Heidrich (Sales Representative for Germany)
16 May 2019, 10 am
In this workshop you will receive information about the Royal Society of Chemistry’s role as a society publisher, an overview of how to get your chemical sciences research published with the RSC and other scientific journals. It will include tips to enhance the impact of your article, give an overview of the publication process, best practise concerning ethical publishing and information about the current Read&Publish agreement and its workflows with the RSC.
Coffee and cookies at 9:40
The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) and the Max Planck Society have signed an agreement which allows Max Planck researchers to publish their papers open access in RSC journals, which offer a CC-BY license, and access to all RSC subscription journal content.
The Open Access agreement with Max Planck Society centrally covers the open access charge for affiliated corresponding authors in those subscription-based journals that are offering the hybrid open access option and that also have a Creative Commons Attribution license (CC-BY).
In order to make use of the agreement, please make sure to meet the following conditions when publishing with RSC:
- The article has been accepted by an RSC journal that offers a CC-BY license.
- A Max Planck author must be the corresponding author of the article.
- The author is affiliated with a Max Planck Institute and publishes under this affiliation.
- The acceptance date of the article is between Jan. 1, 2017 and Dec. 31, 2018.
- The article matches one of these types: Communication, Paper, Review-type article.
- Charges for additional options (color-in-print, posters etc.) are NOT covered by this agreement.
When submitting, a Max Planck email address should be used (if possible) and the Max Planck affiliation should be stated.
The RSC journal RSC Advances will move to gold open access in January 2017. The journal was launched in 2011 and covers all areas of the chemical sciences.
The article processing charges will be discounted for the first two years.
Press Release: http://www.rsc.org/journals-books-databases/librarians-information/librarians-notes/all-articles/2016/jul/rsc-advances-goes-open-access/