The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) and the Max Planck Society have signed an agreement which allows Max Planck researchers to publish their papers open access in RSC journals, which offer a CC-BY license, and access to all RSC subscription journal content.
The Open Access agreement with Max Planck Society centrally covers the open access charge for affiliated corresponding authors in those subscription-based journals that are offering the hybrid open access option and that also have a Creative Commons Attribution license (CC-BY).
In order to make use of the agreement, please make sure to meet the following conditions when publishing with RSC:
- The article has been accepted by an RSC journal that offers a CC-BY license.
- A Max Planck author must be the corresponding author of the article.
- The author is affiliated with a Max Planck Institute and publishes under this affiliation.
- The acceptance date of the article is between Jan. 1, 2017 and Dec. 31, 2018.
- The article matches one of these types: Communication, Paper, Review-type article.
- Charges for additional options (color-in-print, posters etc.) are NOT covered by this agreement.
When submitting, a Max Planck email address should be used (if possible) and the Max Planck affiliation should be stated.