The Max Planck Society has established a new open access agreement with American Institute of Physics Publishing (AIPP), which covers open access publishing of all accepted articles by submitting corresponding Max Planck authors in AIP-owned subscription journals (more titles to follow in 2021) under a Creative Commons Attribution license (CC-BY); under the agreement, the relative article processing charges will be paid for centrally by the Max Planck Society.
The agreement also covers read access to all journals available via AIPP.
To publish open access without having to pay Article Publication Charges (APCs), the following criteria must be met:
- The acceptance date of the article must be between Jan. 1, 2020 and Dec. 31, 2022.
- The article is a peer-reviewed primary research article or review article.
- The author must publish under the Max Planck affiliation, which must also be stated in the published article.
- The author must be the submitting and corresponding author of the article. Please note that in order to be eligible it is not sufficient to be corresponding author in name only.
- The author identifies himself/herself by selecting his/her Max Planck Institute during submission.
- The submitting corresponding author executes a CC BY license.