The IVS-BM online workshops will again focus on bibliographic management systems in July:
- Reference Management Systems – Introduction & Overview – July 12
- Reference Management with EndNote – July 19
- Reference Management with Papers (demonstrated on Mac) – July 26
And we will have a further SciFinder Workshop Week that will take place from 24-27 July, 2012:
- Text Searching – July 24
- Structure and Reaction Searching – July 25
- Searching for new Materials – July 26
- Biosequence Searching – July 27
All workshops begin at 10:30 am and last 90 minutes.
Attendance is free of charge for staff and guests of the Max Planck Society, but online registration is required.
The online workshops are offered by the Scientific Information Retrieval Services for the Biology & Medicine Section of the Max Planck Society. Find more details on schedule, technical requirements and registration at
The reference management system Papers has been only available for Mac/iOS so far. But Mekentosj released a pre-version for Windows. The pre-release is available at http://www.mekentosj.com/papers/win. To compare the Mac and PC version please see the Comparison & Compatibility page by Mekentosj.
Papers has a very nice and easy to use interface. The internal browser helps you to download articles (references + pdf) without leaving Papers. Using the web interface of the “Livfe” collection you may share your collection with colleagues or discover new papers. You can search and cite literature with the citation tool directly from your Papers library when writing — in almost any application such as Word, PowerPoint etc.
Papers Short notes (by IVS-BM)
There will be some old favorites and several new online workshops offered by the Scientific Information Retrieval Services for the Biology & Medicine Section of the Max Planck Society in February.
The interactive workshops focus on some popular new bibliographic management systems:
- Literaturverwaltung mit EndNote – February 2
- Reference Management Systems – Introduction & Overview – February 3
- Reference Management with Papers (for Mac) – February 8
- Reference Management with EndNote – February 9
- Reference Management with Mendeley & zotero – February 29
Find more details on schedule, technical requirements and registration at