The Max Planck Society established a new agreement with Institute of Physics Publishing (IOP) which includes access to IOP’s premium journal collection IOPScience extra as well as allowing authors to publish open access in 36 selected subscription journals under a free Creative Commons Attribution license (CC-BY). The publication charges will be directly and fully funded by the MPS.
In order to make use of the agreement, please make sure to meet the following conditions when publishing with IOP:
- The article has been accepted by one of the 36 selected IOP journals.
- A Max Planck author must be the corresponding author of the article.
- The author is affiliated with a Max Planck Institute and publishes under this affiliation.
- The acceptance date of the article is between Jan 1, 2018 and Dec 31, 2020.
- The article matches one of these types: article, special issue article, letter.
When submitting, a Max Planck email address should be used (if possible) and the Max Planck affiliation should be stated.