Here are some new journals that could be interesting for you:
From now on we have access to the following journals by De Gruyter:
- Zeitschrift für Kristallographie – Crystalline Materials [Vol. 217 (2002) – ]
- Zeitschrift für Naturforschung A – A Journal of Physical Sciences [Vol. 1 (1946) – ]
- Zeitschrift für Naturforschung B – A Journal of Chemical Sciences [Vol. 2 (1947) – ]
- Zeitschrift für Naturforschung C – A Journal of Biosciences [Vol. 28 (1973) – ]
There are two good resources to find abbreviations for science journals:
1. Chemical Abstracts source index
CASSI (CAS Source Index) Search Tool
CAS Core Journal Abbreviations
2. Web of Science journal abbreviations index
Journal Abbreviations Index (ISI)
The Royal Society has announced the call for submissions for its new open access journal Royal Society Open Science. This online-only journal will cover the entire range of science and mathematics. It is set to launch in September.
The International Union of Crystallography (IUCr) has launched a new fully open-access peer-reviewed journal. IUCrJ covers areas like neutron and synchrotron science and technology and free electron laser science and technology. Chemists, biologists, physicists and material scientists are encouraged to submit their structural papers to the new journal.
It has been started to commemorate the International Year of Crystallography.